Editor’s note: This will be the final Brew Dude column, as Mark moves on with his busy schedule. We appreciate his colorful contributions to The News-Item about beer over the past five years.
Continuing from last month’s column on the Meeting of the Malts in Bethlehem, Karol and I were ready for the highlight of the evening — an all-star panel discussion about the state and future of craft brewing. Jim Koch from the Boston Beer company (aka, Sam Adams) got the ball rolling, sayin…
Last month, the stars aligned for Karol and me, allowing us to finally attend the Meeting of the Malts in Bethlehem. Draft Magazine rated this event No. 12 on its beer experience bucket list. I’m too busy living to bother with bucket lists, but this annual gathering lived up to the hype; it …
Karol and I recently attended the 40th annual National Homebrewers’ Conference in Portland, Oregon. One of the speakers was Ken Grossman, the founder of Sierra Nevada Brewing and the creator of its legendary American Pale Ale (APA). His seminar reminded me not only of the style’s origin, but…
I did a double take when I saw the news. It was March — too early for April Fools’ Day. Yet there it was: New England IPA (NEIPA) had officially become a beer style.
- Police: Shamokin woman beat daughter with belt, extension cord
- Joan M. Fanella
- Woman dies after being struck by vehicle in Mount Carmel
- Coal Twp. commissioner donates $200K to recreation center project
- Firefighters battle two-alarm wintry blaze in Springfield
- Nick W. Evely
- Mother, son struck by car in MC, taken to hospital with unknown injuries
- Three charged in Market Street standoff
- USPS recognizes Mt. Carmel Post Office as 'certified engaged team'
- Hearings for Burgess, Delcamp set for Dec. 12