Editor’s note: This will be the final Brew Dude column, as Mark moves on with his busy schedule. We appreciate his colorful contributions to The News-Item about beer over the past five years.
Continuing from last month’s column on the Meeting of the Malts in Bethlehem, Karol and I were ready for the highlight of the evening — an all-star panel discussion about the state and future of craft brewing. Jim Koch from the Boston Beer company (aka, Sam Adams) got the ball rolling, sayin…
Last month, the stars aligned for Karol and me, allowing us to finally attend the Meeting of the Malts in Bethlehem. Draft Magazine rated this event No. 12 on its beer experience bucket list. I’m too busy living to bother with bucket lists, but this annual gathering lived up to the hype; it …
Karol and I recently attended the 40th annual National Homebrewers’ Conference in Portland, Oregon. One of the speakers was Ken Grossman, the founder of Sierra Nevada Brewing and the creator of its legendary American Pale Ale (APA). His seminar reminded me not only of the style’s origin, but…
I did a double take when I saw the news. It was March — too early for April Fools’ Day. Yet there it was: New England IPA (NEIPA) had officially become a beer style.
- Motion picture filmed in Shamokin set for release
- One dead in Little Mahanoy Township accident
- Venna takes leave of absence
- Accident victim identified
- Getchey fed up with school threats, fights; Shuey chastised for criticizing Schiccatano
- Man wanted for murder charge found in Paxinos
- Suspect in stabbing surrenders to police
- Shamokin couple arrested for stealing vehicle after check bounced
- Elizabeth Robbins
- Driver flees scene of accident