Fire

Flames shoot from the second story windows of 364 S. Market St. early Saturday morning.

SHAMOKIN — Two people were left homeless after fire tore through a South Market Street home early Saturday morning.

The call for the second alarm fire went out at 4:13 a.m. for a home at 634 S. Market St. at the southernmost end of Market Street. Heavy flames and smoke were visible when firefighters arrived.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.