SHAMOKIN — The annual fireworks show shot from the Glen Burn Bank on Big Mountain has been postponed until 9:40 p.m. Sunday.

A decision to move the fireworks to the rain date was made early Saturday out of concern for the stormy weather and the shooters on the mountain. Road collections will also take place Sunday.

The National Weather Service (NWS) in State College has forecast since Wednesday a high percent chance of thunderstorms for today.

Sunday looks to be mostly cloudy with a 20% chance of showers with a high of 84 degrees.

(1) comment



Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.