SHAMOKIN — Police reported a 3-year-old boy suffered first- and second-degree burns after catching his clothes on fire with a lighter Monday afternoon at a residence in the 100 block of South Seventh Street.

Patrolman Raymond Siko II, who is conducting an investigation into the incident, said the child suffered burns to his chest, stomach, neck and hands around 4:30 p.m.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.