SHAMOKIN — A 40-year-old woman died Tuesday night in the bathroom at the Turkey Hill convenience store on Lincoln Street of an apparent drug overdose.

Northumberland County Coroner James F. Kelley said the woman was seen on store surveillance entering the bathroom shortly after 10 p.m. She was found two hours later and paramedics were called. Kelly said Narcan was administered to no avail.

Kelley said he was on scene for 90 minutes and took the body to Geisinger-Shamokin Area Community Hospital, where toxicology tests were performed.

No autopsy has been scheduled, according to Kelley. The woman's family has been notified of her passing, but no name will be released because it is a suspected overdose, Kelley said.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.