SUNBURY — Seven defendants charged by local police were sentenced Monday in Northumberland Court of Common Pleas.
• Abraham Durant, 24, of Port Trevorton, was sentenced by President Judge Charles Saylor to time served (9 months and 25 days) to 23 months in county prison and was ordered to pay $200 in fines plus costs after pleading guilty to two counts of possession with intent to deliver methamphetamine and one count of possession of marijuana.
Durant will be released from prison upon his home plan being approved by the adult probation department.
Durant was charged by Shamokin police in connection with incidents on Dec. 12, 2017, Jan. 24, 2018, and Jan. 28, 2018.
• Whitney Bostian, 28, of Ashland, was sentenced by Saylor to 18 months probation for theft. She received additional sentences of 12 months probation for theft and six months probation for retail theft and was ordered to pay a total of $150 in fines plus costs and restitution in all three cases.
Bostian was charged by Mount Carmel Township police relating to two incidents on June 22 and one incident on June 23.
• John Gilbert, 51, of White Haven, was sentenced by Saylor to one year probation and ordered to pay a $50 fine plus costs for defiant trespass.
Gilbert was charged by Mount Carmel Township police involving an incident on June 17, 2015.
• Lamar Cade, 47, of Kulpmont, was sentenced by Saylor to time served (90 days) to 23 months in county prison for simple assault and was ordered to pay a $50 fine plus costs.
Cade was charged by state police at Stonington in connection with a Sept. 27 incident.
• Jason Skavery, 36, of Mount Carmel, was sentenced by Saylor to one year probation for possession of Xanax, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance. He also was sentenced to one year probation for resisting arrest.
Skavery was ordered to pay $150 in fines plus costs.
He was charged by Mount Carmel and Mount Carmel Township police relating to incidents on June 17, 2016, Nov. 6, 2017, and April 12.
• Brandon Heaps, 31, of Bloomsburg, was sentenced by Saylor to six to 12 months in county prison for possession of heroin/methamphetamine. The sentence was immediately paroled to a state sentence.
Heaps also was sentenced to six to 24 months in state prison for resisting arrest.
Saylor ordered Heaps to pay $100 in fines plus costs.
Heaps was charged by Shamokin police relating to an incident on July 26, 2017.
• Juliet Martinez, 20, of Milton was sentenced by Judge Paige Rosini to two years probation for theft. She also was sentenced to a total of two years probation for two counts of disorderly conduct and was ordered to pay $150 in fines plus costs.
Martinez was charged by Shamokin police relating to an incident on Nov. 1, 2017.