Northumberland County Court
SUNBURY — Five defendants charged by local police were sentenced Monday in Northumberland County Court of Common Pleas.
• Amanda Jo Dieck, 32, of Danville, was sentenced by Judge Hugh Jones to five years of intermediate punishment with the first 90 days on house arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol.
Dieck also had her driver’s license suspended for 18 months and was ordered to pay a $1,500 fine plus costs.
She was charged by state police at Stonington relating to a Dec. 23 incident.
• Brian C. Herb, 45, of Shamokin, was sentenced by Jones to three days to six months in county prison for driving under the influence of a controlled substance.
Herb had his driver’s license suspended for one year and was ordered to pay a $1,000 fine plus costs.
Herb was charged by state police at Stonington relating to an incident on Nov. 9, 2016.
Jones ordered Herb to report at 9 a.m. Friday, Sept. 21, to the county sheriff’s office to begin his sentence.
• John May, 40, of Shamokin, was sentenced by video by Jones to serve six to 23 months in county prison and placed on 12 months consecutive probation for retail theft, receiving stolen property and theft.
His sentence will run concurrent to a Union County sentence he is currently serving.
May, who is incarcerated at Centre County Prison, was charged by Coal Township police with retail theft in connection with a March 6 incident. He also was charged by Coal Township police with theft and receiving stolen property involving a Nov. 20 incident.
• Travis Thomas, 33, of Coal Township, was sentenced by Judge Paige Rosini to 90 days probation for harassment relating to a May 5 incident in Coal Township.
Thomas also was ordered to pay a fine and costs.
• Jessica Cramer, 38, of Coal Township, was sentenced by Rosini to six months probation for disorderly conduct and was ordered to pay a fine plus costs.
Cramer was charged by Coal Township police relating to a July 4 incident.