SHAMOKIN — A family of six is homeless tonight after a two-alarm blaze broke out at their home on South Gold Street. All of the occupants escaped safely.

The fire started in a chimney at 1-3 S. Gold St. and spread to the basement at the rear of the house, said the resident. It was reported at about 8:45 p.m.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.