Fire

Firefighters battle a two-alarm blaze Sunday night at 1-3 S. Gold St., Shamokin.

SHAMOKIN — A family of six was left homeless Sunday night when fire caused extensive damage to their house at 1-3 S. Gold St.

Justine Rogers, 37; her boyfriend, Randall Raffensperger, 35; and their four children, Cody, 14; Adam, 12; Dionysus, 5; and Aries, 3, stayed with neighbors overnight as a result of the 8:48 p.m. two-alarm blaze that reportedly started as a chimney fire before spreading throughout the home.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.