TREVORTON — Trevorton firefighter Jim Reed was at home Wednesday evening when a passerby alerted him to a fire at Stiely’s Garage, 7902 Route 225. He was among the first on the scene, shortly after 6 p.m.

“I saw flre coming out the back of the building and I ran in to check it out,” said Reed, adding that garage owner George “Butch” Stiely is a family friend.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.