Furnace malfuction

Mount Carmel police and firefighters responded to a report of a house fire shortly before 3 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of West Second Street in the borough. First responders on scene said they were alerted after a rental property at 521 West Second Street filled with smoke. Firefighters said the call was the result of a furnace malfunction in the basement of the two and one-half story structure. Crews were on the scene for over 30 minutes.

LCE violation

KULPMONT — The Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement, District Office 6, Montoursville, has cited the Jan Sobieski Society, 35 S. 10th St., Kulpmont, for club sales to non-members and happy hour sales to non-members for alleged offenses committed between Sept. 15 and Oct. 12.

The club is accused of selling and/or serving an unlimited or indefinite amount of alcohol beverages for a fixed price in that unlimited beer/food was served for the set price of $25.

The charges will be brought before an administrative law judge who has the authority to impose penalties ranging from $50 to $1,000 for minor offenses and up to $5,000 for more serious offenses.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.