To the editor: I don’t hate Donald Trump; that is, I wish him no harm. I hope good things happen to him. In fact, I pray that he becomes what he already thinks he is: the greatest president in American history. Honestly.
I do, however, find him intolerable, even abhorrent. Why? Here is a baker’s dozen of reasons why:
• Because he reacts and does not plan.
• Because he makes and announces policy by tweeting, without deliberation with and counsel from knowledgeable advisors.
• Because he decides by his gut, without considering the information of those who actually know something.
• Because he never thinks through the consequences of his words and actions.
• Because, instead of working with others, he fights with them.
• Because he acts like a chess player who can think no further than his current move.
• Because he bullies our allies and panders to our adversaries.
• Because he is now overlaying the chaos he incessantly creates with economic uncertainty.
• Because his behavior is off the rails when what we need is a president who will keep the country on track, rather than advisors attempting to keep the president from going off the deep end.
• Because he is constantly creating national and international disorder.
• Because, instead of minimizing chaos in the world, he brings chaos to the limited order allied forces in the world have worked hard for decades to maintain.
• Because he is doing irreparable damage to our institutions, our relationships, our values and our country.
• Because, as a totally erratic and unpredictable actor, he destabilizes everything he touches.
And I dislike him personally because I consider him to be a genuine, bonafide misanthrope who truly cares nothing about anyone besides himself. Other than that, in my book, he’s perfect.
If you want to know someone who really hates Trump, I recommend a new book by David Shields. The book is called: “Nobody Hates Trump More Than Trump. An Intervention.” The good Lord knows that Trump’s own self-hatred is more hatred than anyone should ever have to bear.